One of the most important factors beyond having good products at acceptable prices that meet a market need is finding the right partner(s) in the target country in Eastern Europe. Thanks to our experience and presence on the market we can assist you in identifying the best candidate to help you export your products. This service includes partner selection, introduction, assistance in negotiations, legal advice and anything else that helps our clients achieve their objective in this market.
The distributor search is normally divided into 4 stages:
- understanding the client's business model, routes to market, their idea of suitable partners, and their market objectives
- list of the largest relevant distributors in each each market country
- list of 3-5 best candidates narrowed down through telephone interviews and meetings
- negotiations with potential client's distributors
Stage 1: understanding the client's business model
We aim to comprehend our client, his way of doing business, his expectations and business goals. This preliminary step is vital to the project's success and enables us to fully tend to our clients' needs.
Stage 2: list of relevant potential partners
For each company listed we provide the following:
- location of headquarters,
- contact information.
We gather the information through:
- online research,
- review of industry catalogues, trade magazines, newspapers etc.,
- review of our data,
- interviews with producers, distributors and other key players on the market.
Stage 3: 3-5 best candidates
We present 3-5 companies which in our opinion are the best candidates to become distributors of our client's products in the target CEE country. Companies listed are selected according to the criteria specified by the client. Companies are selected after gathering more detailed information from:
- online research,
- telephone interviews with decision makers/management,
- analyses of materials (such as financial reports, questionnaires) supplied by the companies or acquired though independent business intelligence suppliers.
On special request we may recommend obtaining more data from additional sources, on a case by case basis.
Stage 4: negotiations with potential distributors/agents
At this stage, we can:
- represent or assist the client in negotiations,
- translate documents and/or organize interpreting for the meetings with candidates, if necessary,
- organize transport for client's representatives,
- provide legal advice, if necessary
- provide other assistance as agreed.